Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does the Annals of African Surgery impose article processing charges (APC) on authors for articles published in the Journal?
Answer: No. At the moment, the Annals of African Surgery does not charge authors any APC to publish in the AAS Journal.
2. Which forms are mandatory during submission of a new article to the Annals of African surgery?
Answer: The following forms must be filled and submitted together with the manuscript file:
The conflict of interest form (COI). (This form can be downloaded here).
The copyright agreement form (CAF). (This form can be downloaded here).
3. Does the Annals of African Surgery issue letters of acceptance for accepted articles?
Answer: No, the Annals of African Surgery does not issue acceptance letters. Instead, authors can use manuscript acceptance decision email.
4. Does the Annals of African Surgery accept changes in the author list after acceptance of a manuscript?
Answer: No, the AAS does not allow any changes in the author list after an article has been accepted.
5. The conflict of interest form (COI form) not opening/ displays error message.
Answer: The error message occurs when the COI form is opened using the browser (i.e when the file is clicked to open in the downloads section of the browser).
How to avoid this: After downloading the form, locate it in the downloaded files section of your PC and open using PC adobe reader. If your do not have the adobe reader, you can download it from here.
6. As an author whose first language is not English, how do I get my manuscript edited for language?
Answer: Submissions from authors whose first language is not English should be subjected to language editing, either by an individual/co-author whose first language is English, or professional language editors. For more information on the latter, please visit the Wiley language editing website