Call For Media Intern
The Annals of African Surgery (AAS), the continents premier surgical read would like to recruit a media intern who will assist the editors in the running of the journal. The intern will commit approximately 10 hours a week (1 hour a day Monday to Friday, 1hour weekly for meetings and 4 hours on Saturday) in the running of the journal.
This requires a creative, organized person with an interest in digital communication, digital marketing and social media management. In addition, the candidate should be willing to learn about biomedical journal publication and editorial processes. The internship is for a period of twelve (12) months. The post is open to journalism and communication, media and medical students (have completed 2nd year), preferably currently residing, studying or working in Nairobi.
• Helping with dissemination of information relating to the journal’s activities via email, social media and print media.
• Liaising with the editorial team for planning board meetings
• Maintaining our social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Google+,
• Maintain and update the journal website
• Assisting with proofreading of accepted manuscripts, especially ensuring that references are formatted correctly
• Assisting with improving the visibility of the journal by being involved with conferences and meetings, notably the annual SSK, KMA and COSECSA Conferences
The post should not interfere with one's academic or professional pursuits, but it does require that the individual is interested and dedicated to working with a team that is passionate about producing a high-quality journal publication. It is an incredible opportunity for academic growth with some pocket money benefits.
Interested candidates should submit an application accompanied by their résumé to the editor-in-chief on email@example.com to reach him not later than 15th February 2021. All attachments must be named starting with the names of the candidates (e.g., A CV by Mary Kamau could be named ‘Mary Kamau CV.doc’ etc.). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.